Saturday, October 18, 2014

National Registry of Coaches Renewal!

Back in 2010, I registered myself with the Singapore Sports Council's National Registry of Coaches (NROC). Unfortunately, I got busy with my job and let the membership expire in 2013.

Thankfully, I managed to clock enough coaching practice and coaching education hours to get a renewal.

And.. here it is! Had to clock an extra 20+ hours to get the renewal approved.
I feel that this is a good thing for sports in Singapore. Coaches are made to stay current and keep practicing for a minimum of 30 hours. 15 hours for the coaching practice and another 15 hours for the coaching education.
This system is similar to some industries. I believe the medical practitioners and registered safety officers have a similar system too, albeit a little more regulated.

No comments: