What I didn't realise was how bad the situation was! This are snippets of what I saw while conducting a class at Pasir Ris beach yesterday.
A trainee coach got stung by something while teaching the class and had to leave to get medical attention because he was in pain and having a headache.
I would advise against going to Pasir Ris beach for the time being.
Apparently the part of the beach I was at wasn't so bad because cleaners had already done some cleaning. Check out the post by Wild Shores of Singapore to really see how bad it was.