I've used this sandals in muddy and sandal conditions. They have been used while cycling, kayaking and just walking around town. They've even followed me to the Philippines and the Maldives.
Things I liked:
- Good grip
- Arch support is awesome
- Sole is thick, feels like a shoe
- Simple buckle
- Abrasion on big and last toe, even without the toe loops. Only slightly better than the toe loop version.
- Straps are harder to adjust compared to my previous Teva
- Straps are not as soft and comfy as my previous Teva
- The portion of the strap that rubs against my big toe are fraying
- Takes longer to dry than my Teva
- Fairly heavy
I'll probably get another pair if this one is worn out. The simple buckle reduces the point of failures on the sandals and the arch support provided by these Chacos are just wonderful.
However, I cant believe that the strap is fraying! Personally, I find it weird that its the part of the strap which rubs against my toe that is fraying. Is my skin really that abrasive?