Sunday, April 25, 2010

Death of a Teva

My Teva sandals have died. I first bought them a little more than two years ago and they were used for cycling and casual walking around besides kayaking. As you can see from the pictures, they're quite worn out. Kind of suprised they lasted that long especially since Im so hard on my gear.
Ordered myself a pair of Chaco Z/1 to replace them.
My experience with these Tevas was that sand tends to get caught in the toe loops and rubs my skin raw, so Im experimenting with the Z/1 which does not come with toe loops for now. Will see how they compare.



These sandals were nice and comfy while they lasted. Having survived 26months of abuse, mostly in a marine environment, I'd say it was worth the money.
I previously reviewed these sandals after using them for 8 months and commented on the push button which kept getting stuck. The button got jammed eventually and got stuck permanently. However, it was not the cause of destruction.

So, goodbye Teva and hello... Chaco!

No comments: