Thursday, September 11, 2008

Round and Round We Go!

Last Sunday, I kayaked round Ubin with Lawrence and Sam. This turned out to be a bad idea. I had canoeing club training just the day before and my body was still exhausted. My muscles were aching and my shoulders were sore. Yet, I went ahead with the journey.
It was one hell of a paddle, the sea was glassy and there was no wind at the beginning, with temperatures hitting 34 degrees celsius. It got cooler as we rounded the eastern end of Pulau Ubin and the following seas helped ease our paddling.
But alas, all good things come to an end. Soon we were paddling against the wind and it was torture! My aching body and sore shoulder didn't help much.
The journey was soon over in 4 hours and we were all glad to be back at the beach.

I went round Ubin again today. This time, I had given myself ample rest... Its Aaron's final paddling trip before he gets enlisted in the army and things were going well at first. But once we rounded Tajam beacon, the winds picked up and it was insane! The boat kept weather-cocking. I switched to a low angle paddling style and it helped alittle. There was improvement as we only took 3hrs to complete the journey. Phew!

No comments: