Sunday, November 9, 2008

Black flagged

I am feeling very disappointed and angry.

Disappointed because my timing for the Round Ubin Kayak Race was 2:43:47, thats really damn slow and did not acheive my desired 2:30:00 timing.

Angry because my timings during training have been magically improving every single time I hit the water. But due to a lack of rest I have been getting headaches when I exert myself. I first experienced this on Friday when I felt weak after paddling 1 triangle in Kallang.
It was worse today. I barely paddled 8km before I felt weak.
Also got cramps in my buttocks and a stiff shoulder which made paddling an agony.

Feels like all the effort spent training 3 times a week was nullified by 1.5 wks of late nights doing bloody school assignments just before the race. Mostly angry because of this. Its like being black flagged at the last lap.

1 comment:

fullmoon said...

Never easy in long distance races. At least you trained and took part in it, despite your busy schedule. Good work!